Assuming you are heading south out of Auckland on State Highway 1, the simplest way to get to Ardmore Airport is to:
- Take the Takanini motorway off-ramp, and turn towards Takanini and Papakura (there are large blue signs, and small signs with planes on for Ardmore Airport) - i.e. exit to the left and keep left on the off-ramp.
- Take the second turn left at the first set of traffic lights into Manuroa Road, cross the rail line, go about 1.5 km down to the first round about and turn right onto Porchester Road.
- After only about 300 metres, turn left at the next round about onto Airfield road.
- Go for 1.7 km, then turn right onto Mill Road at the small electrical sub station.
- Go a further 700 metres then take the first left onto Hamlin Road.
- Go over a hump back bridge, a further 500 metres then the road does a sharp right. The airfield entrance is about 350 m from there on the left - it is slightly set back from the road and is concealed by trees. (If you start going down a small hill you have gone too far.)
- The Ardmore airport entrance is off Hamlin Road. Once you go through the gate the road you are on is Harvard Lane. Travel exactly 450 metres down Harvard Lane.
- Take the first turn right into McBride Lane. Dwen Airmotive's building is painted white.
- Go to the end of the lane, park anywhere, then walk up the concrete ramp. That's Dwen Airmotive's main office.
NB: This page is printable, as are all other pages on this website.