Tool Control Solutions
Coplan Limited has developed and manufactures a full range of tooling control solutions to help keep track of hand tools. Being able to keep complete control over hand tools is an essential element of safe aircraft maintenance and operational procedures, and is a requirement as part of EASA and FAA Part 145 Repair Station certification.
Tools are grouped and laid out in logical patterns to create a unique solution for each storage option; according to each customer's requirements. The multilayered, coloured, Skydrol resistant, polyethylene foam is then precision machined, creating a cavity to the exact outline of each tool. This organises and protects the tools. The logical layout and grouping of tools and the use of multicoloured foam aids in the rapid visual identification of any missing tools; which is an essential element in Foreign Object Debris/Damage (FOD) reduction.
Coplan's tooling storage solutions include:
- Intelligent Tool Control (ITC) a range of bespoke cabinets offering proximity controlled access to specific drawers and a full audit of who accessed and when.
- Visual Tool Control (VTC) enables at a glance the identification of missing tools. VTC can incorporate electronically controlled access to the tool cabinet.
- Mobile Asset Tracking Systems (MAT) are Tool Bags specifically designed to reduce the risk of FOD.
- Fit to Fly - the audited tracking of tools to provide end to end records.
- Electronic Access Tool Control (EATC).
- Bespoke tool cabinets & work stations.
- Tool ID tags to identify specific cavities.
- Laser marking of tools.
- Colour coded sleeves.
- Protective Products.
Implementing these tooling solutions will help to minimise FOD, reduce the cost of rectification of any associated FOD damage and will aid in regulatory compliance with EASA/ FAA (Part 145) and other local civil aviation authorities requirements.
Coplan's tooling solutions are setting new benchmarks for FOD reduction in the aviation industry; and help form part of a tool strategy for companies who need to manage the human factors risk associated with hand tools in aviation.
Dwen Airmotive is proud to be the South Pacific Agent for Coplan Limited.
For further information on the Intelligent Tool Control System and other Coplan products please contact Dwen Airmotive.